Cryptocurrencies Declining as SEC Postpones Decision on VanEck-SolidX ETF Until September 30
Aug 08, 2018
Start Your Free Trial Today
Top 5 Cryptocurrencies sorted by 24 hour Volume
Top 5 Cryptocurrencies sorted by 24 hour Price Percent Change
- The long-term viability of Augur is being questioned are breaking into the top ten of dapps in terms of DAUs on the Ethereum network with 300 users. According to an analysis by Coindesk, since its July’s peak, Augur is now ranked 22nd in terms of DAUs with 66 users. As liquidity has dried up following the conclusion of the World Cup, cryptocurrency investors are questions whether there is long-term viability for the platform. Out readers should keep in mind that the US College Football and NFL seasons are right around the corner…
- The cryptocurrency exchange platform Coinbase has boosted its instant buying limit to USD$25k for those customers that have completed Coinbase’s site identity verification process. At the moment, current Coinbase customers have to wait 5 days for funds to settle. The reasoning by increasing the limit is to permit new Coinbase customers to begin trading immediately.
- Metronome raises USD$12mm in its ICO using a format where each progressive sale was done at a lower price. This is contrast to conventional ICOs where early buyers are rewarded with lower prices.
- Nic Carter, partner at Castle Island Ventures and co-Founder of Coinmetrics.io recently published a study of the changing narratives towards Bitcoin technology. Carter’s study covers the transition from Bitcoin eradicating current banking cartels to now becoming a “legitimate form of tender” regulated by government authorities. The study uses data taken from the public forums on Bitcointalk.org.
- Opera, a popular mobile web browser, is launching a desktop browser with built-in crypto wallet functionality. Users will be able to connect the Opera desktop browser to the crypto wallet module by scanning a QR code. This system has been used by Opera for several years to let users synch their non-Opera desktop browsers with the Opera mobile browser.
- Pierre-Edouard Wahl, during an interview with Coin Telegraph, argues that cryptocurrencies must experience mass adoption for people get back control of their digital footprints.
- The SEC has postponed a decision on the VanEck-SolidX Bitcoin ETF until September 30, 2018. According to the SEC announcement, the SEC has receive 1,300 comments on the proposed ruling.
- During an interview at Tech Crunch Sessions, Ethereum founder Vitalik Buterin strongly advocated for decentralized exchange. Uing some hyperbole, Buterin stated that he hopes “centralized exchanges burn in hell”. Binance founder Changpeng Zhou responds to Buterin’s comments by remarking that decentralization for the sake of decentralization is not ncesaarilly better. Buterin’s biggest issue with centralized exchanges is that they, through the ability to decide what cryptocurrency lists, dictate which cryptocurrencies become big (in terms of make capitalization).