European Stocks Finish Mixed, Relinquishing Earlier Advances
Aug 14, 2018
Start Your Free Trial Today
Data in Price Return, Source: Stockdio
- The Euro Stoxx 600 closed little changed, the FTSE 100 declined -0.4%, the DAX finished neutral, and the CAC 40 finished down -0.16%
- Investor sentiment for European stocks finished trading negative with the advance/decline ratio for the Euro Stoxx 600 currently at 0.63x
- Food & Beverage (+0.73%), Utilities (+0.5%), and Personal & Household Goods (+0.64%) stocks were the top performers in the Euro Stoxx 600 today
- Basic Resources (-0.73%), Real Estate (-0.87%), and Automobiles & Parts (-0.64%) stocks were the worst performers in the Euro Stoxx 600 today
- 30 stocks in the Euro Stoxx 600 hit 4-week highs while 110 stocks closed at 4-week lows
- 26 stocks in the Euro Stoxx 600 finished the trading session overbought while 20 stocks closed oversold according to the 16-day RSI Measure
- VSTOXX, the European stocks equivalent of the VIX, closed little changed -0.31 points today to 15.63 after closing at 15.94 yesterday
Highlights from the European Bond Market
- German 10-Year Bunds are lower with yields up 1.7 basis points to 0.328%
- French 10-Year Government Bonds are lower with yields up 0.2 basis points to 0.683%
- UK 10-Year GILTs are lower with yields up 1.2 basis points to 1.264%
- Italian 10-Year Government Bonds are higher with yields down -7.2 basis points to 3.03%
- Spanish 10-Year Government Bonds are higher with yields down -4 basis points to 1.414%
What is Going on with European Currencies?
- EUR€ is currently down -0.552% against the USD$ to 1.1347
- GBP£ is currently down -0.282% against the USD$ to 1.2735
- CHF is currently little changed against the USD$ at 1.0068
Stocks Trending in the News
Click name for Q-Factor rating and financial data.
- Aryzta AG (ARYN.SW) rose 14.63% today, advancing for the first time after 10 consecutive losing sessions, and posting its most significant intraday gain in 18 months. The US Department of Agriculture released a better than expected outlook for wheat production in CY2018, which acted as a catalyst for the Swiss baking company
- Italian infrastructure firm Atlantia SpA (ATL.IM) shares fell 5.39% in today’s trading, following reports that a bridge had collapsed near the city of Genoa. Atlantia is responsible for managing Italian highways, and reversed earlier gains following this development.
- K+S AG (SDF.GR) declined 4.16% to €20.04 today, after the company was downgraded from hold to a sell rating at Independent Research GmbH
- Siltronic AG (WAF.GR) has been downgraded to neutral from a buy rating at Citi, with Citi analysts citing waning consumer demand for the Siltronic’s products as a driver for the downgrade
Euro Stoxx 50 Movers
Click name for Q-Factor score and financial data.
On Mobile/Tablet scroll to the right.
|Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV
|LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE
|Bayerische Motoren Werke AG
|Industria de Diseno Textil SA