European Stocks In Negative Territory As Turkish Lira Continues To Depreciate
Aug 17, 2018
Start Your Free Trial Today
Data in Price Return, Source: Stockdio
- European stocks are trading with a negative bias today, as the Turkish Lira is weakening once again, reigniting concerns over the stability of the Turkish economy and its effects on the European banking system. US announcement of additional sanctions on Turkey is escalating Turkish-American tensions.
- The Euro Stoxx 600 is currently down -0.18%, the FTSE 100 has declined -0.1%, the DAX has fallen -0.24%, and the CAC 40 is lower by -0.06%
- Investor sentiment for European stocks is negative with the advance/decline ratio for the Euro Stoxx 600 currently at 0.63x
- Health Care (+0.21%), Industrial Goods & Services (+0.1%), and Personal & Household Goods (+0.09%) stocks are the top performers in the Euro Stoxx 600 today
- Automobiles & Parts (-0.93%), Banks (-0.85%), and Basic Resources (-0.58%) stocks are the worst performers in the Euro Stoxx 600 today
- 25 stocks in the Euro Stoxx 600 are at 4-week highs while 79 stocks are at 4-week lows
- 11 stocks in the Euro Stoxx 600 are overbought while 37 stocks are oversold according to the 16-day RSI Measure
What is Going on with European Currencies?
- EUR€ is currently little changed against the USD$ at 1.1387
- GBP£ is currently little changed against the USD$ at 1.2708
- CHF is currently little changed against the USD$ at 1.0038
Highlights from the European Bond Market
- German 10-Year Bunds are higher with yields down 2.1 basis points to 0.299%
- French 10-Year Government Bonds are higher with yields down 1.8 basis points to 0.659%
- UK 10-Year GILTs are higher with yields down 2.8 basis points to 1.212%
- Italian 10-Year Government Bonds are lower with yields up 2.4 basis points to 3.141%
- Spanish 10-Year Government Bonds are higher with yields down 0.5 basis points to 1.44%
Euro Stoxx 50 Movers
In local currency.
On Mobile/Tablet scroll to the right.
|Deutsche Post AG
|Schneider Electric SE
|Intesa Sanpaolo SpA
|BNP Paribas SA
|Societe Generale SA
|Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria SA
|Deutsche Bank AG