European Stocks Close Mixed, Falling From Early Morning Highs
Aug 22, 2018
Start Your Free Trial Today
*Data in Price Return and Updated Real-Time (with a delay), Source: StockDio
- European stocks finished mixed today, with the Euro Stoxx 600 snapping it's two-day winning streak, as declines in auto stocks outweighed advances in commodity names
- The Euro Stoxx 600 closed down -0.03%, the FTSE 100 advanced +0.11%, the DAX rose +0.01%, and the CAC 40 finished up +0.22%
- Investor sentiment for European stocks finished trading positive with the advance/decline ratio for the Euro Stoxx 600 currently at 1.27x
- Oil & Gas (+0.85%), Basic Resources (+0.63%), and Financial Services (+0.53%) stocks were the top performers in the Euro Stoxx 600 today
- Automobiles & Parts (-2.75%), Food & Beverage (-0.75%), and Utilities (-0.4%) stocks were the worst performers in the Euro Stoxx 600 today
- 76 stocks in the Euro Stoxx 600 hit 4-week highs while 16 stocks closed at 4-week lows
- 23 stocks in the Euro Stoxx 600 finished the trading session overbought while 16 stocks closed oversold according to the 16-day RSI Measure
- VSTOXX, the European stocks equivalent of the VIX, closed little changed -0.21 points today to 13.66 after closing at 13.87 yesterday
Stocks Trending in News
Click name for Q-Factor score and financial data.
- Ayden NV (ENXTAM:AYDEN) shares rose 3.63% to €568.00, after the company beat expectations in its first earnings report since its IPO earlier this year. The Netherlands based payment processor reported F1H2018 revenue growth of 67% on a Y/Y basis. The company also processed €70bn in payments during the F1H2018 period, representing a 43% Y/Y increase. Ayden is unrated in our Global Top Picks.
- Credit Suisse Group AG (SWX:CSGN) has frozen nearly USD$5bn worth of assets that have been linked to Russia, as the company seeks to comply with US sanctions against the country. Shares of Credit Suisse fell 1.31% today. Credit Suisse is rated as ‘Neutral’ in our European Large-Cap Global Top Picks.
- Linde AG (DB:LIN) announced that its proposed $45 billion merger deal with Praxair Inc (PX) will involve the sale of more assets than it had originally expected in order to pass US antitrust regulator requirements, potentially jeopardizing the deal. Shares of Linde fell 0.57% to €173.50 today. Linde is rated as a ‘Top Buy’ in our European SMID-Cap Global Top Picks.
- Volkswagen AG (XTRA:VOW3) is reportedly seeking to acquire self-driving technology, and recently attempted to acquire autonomous-driving startup Aurora Innovation, though the acquisition bid was rejected. Volkswagen stock fell 1.86% to €137.00 today. Volkswagen is rated as ‘Unattractive’ in our European Large-Cap Global Top Picks.
What is Going on with European Currencies?
- EUR€ is currently up +0.173% against the USD$ to 1.1591
- GBP£ is currently little changed against the USD$ at 1.291
- CHF is currently little changed against the USD$ at 1.0167
Highlights from the European Bond Market
- German 10-Year Bunds are lower with yields up 1.3 basis points to 0.344%
- French 10-Year Government Bonds are lower with yields up 1.5 basis points to 0.687%
- UK 10-Year GILTs are lower with yields up 0.5 basis points to 1.272%
- Italian 10-Year Government Bonds are lower with yields up 7.3 basis points to 3.061%
- Spanish 10-Year Government Bonds are lower with yields up 1.3 basis points to 1.381%
Euro Stoxx 50 Movers
In local currency.
On Mobile/Tablet scroll to the right.
|Industria de Diseno Textil SA
|Koninklijke Philips NV
|Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV
|Intesa Sanpaolo SpA
|Banco Santander SA