European Stocks Close Today's Session Higher, FTSE 100 Only Major European Index Negative For The Week
Aug 24, 2018
Start Your Free Trial Today
*Data in Price Return and Updated Real-Time (with a delay), Source: StockDio
- European stocks finsihed Friday's trading in positive territory. Materials stocks were the best performers today, lifted by a rise in commodity prices.
- The Euro Stoxx 600 closed up +0.05%, the FTSE 100 advanced +0.19%, the DAX rose +0.23%, and the CAC 40 finished up +0.24%
- The FTSE 100 was the only major European index to finish the trading week in the red.
- Investor sentiment for European stocks finished trading positive with the advance/decline ratio for the Euro Stoxx 600 currently at 1.21x
- Basic Resources (+1.49%), Oil & Gas (+0.9%), and Technology (+0.74%) stocks are the top performers in the Euro Stoxx 600 today
Personal & Household Goods (-0.76%), Telecommunications (-0.42%), and Real Estate (-0.4%) stocks are the worst performers in the Euro Stoxx 600 today
- 81 stocks in the Euro Stoxx 600 hit 4-week highs while 26 stocks closed at 4-week lows
- 30 stocks in the Euro Stoxx 600 finished the trading session overbought while 17 stocks closed oversold according to the 16-day RSI Measure
- VSTOXX, the European stocks equivalent of the VIX, closed little changed -0.46 points today to 13.19 after closing at 13.64 yesterday
Stocks Trending in the News
Click name for Q-Factor score and financial data
- Antofagasta (LSE:ANTO) traded 3.55% higher today to €8.33 after RBS re-rated the company, and upgraded the stock to outperform from a sector perform rating. Antofagasta is rated as ‘Neutral’ in our United Kingdom All-Cap Global Top Picks.
- Deutsche Bank AG (DB:DBK) is reportedly seeking to cut 1,000 jobs at the headquarters for the company’s retail division, which is equal to 20% of the division’s workforce. The embattled German bank is seeking to reduce duplicate middle-office and back-office positions in a cost cutting effort. Shares of Deutsche Bank fell 0.06% in today’s trading. Deutsche Bank is rated as ‘Unattractive’ in our US Large-Cap Global Top Picks
- Siemens AG (DB:SIE) has announced that reports claiming the company will cut 20,000 jobs in accordance with the companies Vision 2020+ plan are “completely unfounded” and that the company has had no such discussions. Siemens traded 0.38% higher today to €112.26
What is Going on with European Currencies?
- EUR€ is currently up +0.745% against the USD$ to 1.1626
- GBP£ is currently up +0.328% against the USD$ to 1.2853
- CHF is currently up +0.335% against the USD$ to 1.0176
Highlights from the European Bond Market
- German 10-Year Bunds are lower with yields up 0.6 basis points to 0.345%
- French 10-Year Government Bonds are lower with yields up 0.9 basis points to 0.687%
- UK 10-Year GILTs are lower with yields up 0.8 basis points to 1.278%
- Italian 10-Year Government Bonds are lower with yields up 6.4 basis points to 3.152%
- Spanish 10-Year Government Bonds are lower with yields up 2.1 basis points to 1.394%
Euro Stoxx 50 Movers
In local currency.
On Mobile/Tablet scroll to the right.
|Deutsche Telekom AG
|Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV
|Deutsche Bank AG