European Stocks Finish Up After Announcement of Bilateral Trade Deal Between U.S. and Mexico Pushes Auto Stocks Higher
Aug 27, 2018
Start Your Free Trial Today
*Data in Price Return and Updated Real-Time (with a delay), Source: StockDio
- The Euro Stoxx 600 closed up +0.52%, the FTSE 100 advanced +0.19%, the DAX rose +1.16%, and the CAC 40 finished up +0.86%
- Investor sentiment for European stocks finished trading positive with the advance/decline ratio for the Euro Stoxx 600 currently at 1.61x
- Automobiles & Parts (+2.22%), Retail (+0.91%), and Technology (+1.22%) stocks were the top performers in the Euro Stoxx 600 today
- Telecommunications (+0.1%), Basic Resources (+0.12%), and Utilities (+0.05%) stocks were the worst performers in the Euro Stoxx 600 today
- 76 stocks in the Euro Stoxx 600 hit 4-week highs while 30 stocks closed at 4-week lows
- 26 stocks in the Euro Stoxx 600 finished the trading session overbought while 14 stocks closed oversold according to the 16-day RSI Measure
- VSTOXX, the European stocks equivalent of the VIX, closed little changed +0.13 points today to 13.31 after closing at 13.19 last week
Stocks Trending in the News
Click name for Q-Factor score and financial data
- Diebold Nixdorf (WIN.GR) shares increased 1.94% to €57.90 following reports that the company is restructuring its previous credit agreement after securing USD$650 million from two institutional lenders. Diebold Nixdorf plans to use the new funding to repay current debt and for general operational purposes. Diebold Nixdorf is rated as ‘Attractive’ in our European SMID-Cap Global Top Picks.
- Equinor (EQNR.NO) shares grew 1.21% to NOK217.90 after lowering the cost of the Johan Sverdrup oil field by $720 million and increasing the profitability outlook of their North Sea project. Sverdrup is Norway’s largest offshore oil field discovery in decades. Equinor is rated as ‘Neutral’ in our European Large-Cap Global Top Picks.
- Nokia (NOKIA.FH) shares rose 1.71% to €4.88 after signing a €500 million loan agreement with the European Investment Bank. Nokia intends on using the funding towards the research and development of 5G technology. Nokia is rated as ‘Unattractive’ in our European Large-Cap Global Top Picks.
What is Going on with European Currencies?
- EUR€ is currently up +0.568% against the USD$ to 1.1688
- GBP£ is currently up +0.405% against the USD$ to 1.2898
- CHF is currently up +0.423% against the USD$ to 1.0212
Highlights from the European Bond Market
- Generic Euro 10-Year Bonds are lower with yields up 3.1 basis points to 0.376%
- German 10-Year Bunds are lower with yields up 3.1 basis points to 0.376%
- French 10-Year Government Bonds are lower with yields up 2.6 basis points to 0.713%
- UK 10-Year GILTs are lower with yields up 0.8 basis points to 1.278%
- Italian 10-Year Government Bonds are lower with yields up 0.4 basis points to 3.156%
Euro Stoxx 50 Movers
In local currency.
On Mobile/Tablet scroll to the right.
||1D % Chg
|Bayerische Motoren Werke AG
|Schneider Electric SE
|ASML Holding NV
||1D % Chg