Cryptocurrencies are trading off from this morning’s highs as EU Finance Ministers scrutinize the growing popularity of digital assets in the Eurozone
Aug 29, 2018
Start Your Free Trial Today
Top 5 Cryptocurrencies sorted by 24 hour Volume
On Mobile/Tablet scroll to the right
Top 5 Cryptocurrencies sorted by 24 hour Price Percent Change
On Mobile/Tablet scroll to the right
- The Crypto Exchange AirTM announced it raised USD$7mm in a Series A funding round. AirTM, based in Mexico, is looking to help users conduct transactions and bypass traditional banking services with a geographical focus on markets in South America.
- The California Legislature has finalized a blockchain working group to examine the potential benefits of blockchain in the state. The bill, California bill 2658, now directs the Secretary of the Government Operations Agency to create a working group to study blockchain technology.
- Online cryptocurrency news site Bitcoinist.com has announced a partnership with CoolWallet S, a new crypto wallet for Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash and ERC20 tokens. CoolWallet S is the preferred cryptocurrency wallet of the Bitcoinist editorial team.
- FuzeX is partnering with Dash to create a cryptocurrency payment card. FuzeZ is a cryptocurrency payment startup focused on the payments in the digital currency ecosystem.
- Chinese media outlet, Jiemian, reported the expansion of a pre-existing ban on crypto-related promotions in the Chinese capital of Beijing. Most notably, Chinese authorities have begun to take action in removing crypto-related promotions in the Guangzhou Development District and on online media platforms.
- Origin is releasing a blockchain project that will be a decentralized messaging app built on the Ethereum network. The technology works by utilizing user Ethereum addresses as a public ID for sending and receiving text messages, while the content itself is encrypted via users' private keys.
- Italian football club Rimini has sold a portion of the holding company’s shares in exchange for cryptocurrencies. Heritage Sports Holdings, a sports investment company based in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) bought 25% of the Serie C club in Quantocoin (QTC).
- Russia is exploring the implementation of blockchain technology in its Russian State Pension fund, as reported by news outlet Izvestiya. The fund would leverage smart contracts to serve as agreements between employees and employers. This would affect as many as 97% of Russian citizens.
- The Russian Federal Financial Monitoring Service has awarded a contract to the Institute for Information Security and Analysis (SPI) to build an analytical tool to track crypto transactions. The contract, worth about $2.9 million, will require SPI to build a tool that tracks digital wallet users and their name, bank account, credit card, and cellphone number.
- A local government in the Sichuan Province in China has signed a strategic agreement to establish a new blockchain company to help developer its local forestry industry according to China Net. The Beichuan Qiang Autonomous County of Sichuan Province and Beijing Sinfotek Group have established Hangzhou Yi Shu Blockchain Technology Co “forestry economic development and industrial poverty alleviation.”
- Stable coin Terra raised USD$32mm in funding. The coin is backed by Binance Labs. OKEx, Huobi Capital and Dunamu (Upbit’s parent company).
- Global bank Standard Chartered is partnering with German electronics giant Siemens to pilot a program that permits users to put investor guarantees for trade finance on a blockchain-powered network. The program, TradeIX, seeks to move the process from the traditional paper-intensive process and fully digitize bank guarantee issuance from end to end using automated smart contracts.
- Swarm, a blockchain technology for private equity, announced the release of its Market Access Protocol (MAP) for tokenized security trading. MAP attempts to provide a streamlined solution to facilitate efficient flow of compliant transactions while offering privacy and regulatory compliances
*Data in Price Return and Updated Real-Time (with a delay), Source: StockDio