European stocks are flat in midday trading, losing earlier gains, as market tensions ease
Sep 06, 2018
Start Your Free Trial Today
*Data in Price Return and Updated Real-Time (with a delay), Source: StockDio
- European stocks are little changed, off early morning lows in sympathy with US index futures as European investors taking a break from worrying about contagion spreading across emerging markets
- The Euro Stoxx 600 is currently down -0.01%, the FTSE 100 has declined -0.14%, the DAX has advanced +0.06%, and the CAC 40 has risen +0.2%
- Spanish stocks are a notable outlier this AM given the exposure of Spanish mega-caps to Latin America. The IBEX is now at its lowest level since February 2017.
- Investor sentiment for European stocks is neutral with the advance/decline ratio for the Euro Stoxx 600 currently at 1.11x
- Construction & Materials (+0.82%), Utilities (+0.63%), and Industrial Goods & Services (+0.49%) stocks are the top performers in the Euro Stoxx 600 today
- Travel & Leisure (-0.72%), Basic Resources (-0.67%), and Health Care (-0.35%) stocks are the worst performers in the Euro Stoxx 600 today
- 16 stocks in the Euro Stoxx 600 are at 4-week highs while 195 stocks are at 4-week lows
- 7 stocks in the Euro Stoxx 600 are overbought while 55 stocks are oversold according to the 16-day RSI Measure
- VSTOXX, the European stocks equivalent of the VIX, is little changed this morning and is currently at 16.62 after closing at 17.29 yesterday
What is Going on with European Currencies?
- EUR€ is currently little changed against the USD$ at 1.1621
- GBP£ is currently up +0.225% against the USD$ to 1.2934
- CHF is currently up +0.243% against the USD$ to 1.0315
Highlights from the European Bond Market
- Generic Euro 10-Year Bonds are higher with yields down -0.3 basis points to 0.377%
- German 10-Year Bunds are higher with yields down -0.3 basis points to 0.377%
- French 10-Year Government Bonds are higher with yields down -0.4 basis points to 0.714%
- UK 10-Year GILTs are lower with yields up 0.5 basis points to 1.447%
- Italian 10-Year Government Bonds are lower with yields up 11.3 basis points to 3.048%
- Spanish 10-Year Government Bonds are lower with yields up 0.5 basis points to 1.454%
Euro Stoxx 50 Movers
In local currency.
On Mobile/Tablet scroll to the right.
||1D % Chg
||1D % Chg
|Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria SA
|ASML Holding NV
|Banco Santander SA