Zcash mining is more difficult than ever -- how will this affect Zcash's price?
Sep 06, 2018
- Zcash mining difficulty, seen in the chart below, is at an all-time high and shows no signs of slowing while mining profitability is near its all-time low.
- The current price of US$130.45 for Zcash is a 1-year low with average transactions per day of ~ 4,045, barely off its 6-month low.
- Rising mining difficulty combined with poor price performance have combined to hurt mining profitability, which may lead miners to raise transaction fees.
- If miners pass high transaction fees on to investors, Zcash’s price may suffer further.
- If Zcash can gain investor support and its price recovers before miners raise transaction fees, mining profitability should increase helping miners cope with rising difficulty.