Security, Scalability, and Stability... Stellar.org has it all
Sep 13, 2018
- Stellar.org is a non-profit open source and decentralized platform that facilitates cross-asset transfers of value with its cryptocurrency, Stellar Lumens (XLM).
- Stellar is one of few alternatives to Ethereum for altcoins and ICOs looking to operate off an open-source network and blockchain.
- Aside from Ethereum, Stellar is in direct competition with Ripple (XRP) in competing for the businesses of banks and other financial institutions. In fact, Ripple co-founder Jeb McCaleb went on to found Stellar.
- IBM is currently working with Stellar to build a stablecoin that operates off of Stellar’s blockchain with a goal of facilitating cross-border transactions.
- XLMs have a miniscule transaction fee of just USD$0.00001 and an ability to process over 1,000 transactions per second
- Stellar also possess a unique verification protocol, known as the Stellar Consensus Protocol (SCP). The SCP leverages a quorum and quorum-slice mechanism that is secure even in the face of irrational actors.
- Stellar is making moves to facilitate long-term viability in XLM. The coin’s transaction speeds rivals that of XRP while carrying less legal baggage than Ripple. XLM’s protocol is one that provides true transaction security while avoiding excess waste.
- For those seeking cryptos with security, scalbility, and stability, look no further than Stellar.org.
Stellar Lumen (XLM) 1-Year Price Chart