Cryptocurrencies rebound as ripple token spikes 17% on potential launch of xRapid platform in the next month
Sep 18, 2018
Start Your Free Trial Today
Top 5 Cryptocurrencies sorted by 24 hour Volume
On Mobile/Tablet scroll to the right
Top 5 Cryptocurrencies sorted by 24 hour Price Percent Change
On Mobile/Tablet scroll to the right
- According to a report by Coindesk, decentralized exchange, Kyber Network, is releasing an on-chain liquidity smart contract that will enable businesses to accept payments in any form of ethereum ERC-20 tokens. CEO and co-founder, Li Luu, said in an interview with Coindesk that the, “main goal is to make tokens usable anywhere.”
- According to Finance Feeds, the U.K. government is facing questions over whether or not it is actively monitoring the impact of the global crypto bear market on the domestic blockchain industry. Lord Taylor of Warwick reportedly asked the UK Government if they have been monitoring whether or not declining cryptocurrency values have had an impact on the UK blockchain industry, to which the government replied that they had not made a formal assessment of any specific implications.
- A new botnet was discovered by security researchers that, as opposed to posing a threat, is seeking to destroy crypto-mining malware. The botnet was discovered by a team at Qihoo 360Netlab where they deduced that the botnet is seeking out a malware known as com.ufo.miner.
- Notable cryptocurrency hedge fund, Multicoin Capital, said in a report that Litecoin (LTC) is a, “significantly overvalued relic.” In the report, Multicoin detailed that LTC faces a variety of negative catalysts with no bull case. The report goes on to mention that LTC’s bull run in 2017 stemmed largely from retail investors and immaturity in the cryptocurrency market. Multicoin Capital is short on Litecoin.
- Tether, the world’s eighth largest cryptocurency and second most traded coin, faced serious technical problems as transactions froze for about eight hours Tuesday. The USD-pegged stablecoin faced issues after the engine that feeds the coin’s data from its underlying Omni protocol stopped working. The stablecoin dipped about 2% immediately following trading coming back online, a significant amount for a stablecoin.
- The New York Office of the Attorney General released a report indicating cryptocurrency trading platforms are vulnerable to market manipulation while referring several exchanges to another agency for possible violations of state laws. The New York Attorney General’s (NYAG) initial inquiry began in April, seeking voluntary cooperation from 13 of the world’s largest cypto trading sites, including Coinbase, Karaken, and Binance. Some of these exchanges would go on to say, “it was impossible” to prevent market manipulation while the NYAG’s report pointed out that exchanges like Gemini are seeking to monitor exchanges more effectively.
- Theta, a leading video delivery blockchain network advised by the co-founder of YouTube, announced that media companies MBN and CJ Hello have joined its Media Advisory Council as strategic partners. Theta’s token was recently listed on crypto exchange, Bithumb, at the end of August.
- A US private equity firm, Brookstone Partners, is launching Soluna, a crypto mining entity that is working to build a massive 36-megawatt mining farm in Morocco. The mining farm intends to leverage local laws, known as a power purchasing agreement, by selling 20% of its electricity back to the Moroccan government while gaining a foothold in the region. The mining farm is expected to be finished by January of next year.
*Data in Price Return and Updated Real-Time (with a delay), Source: StockDio