Cryptocurrencies are in the red, Coinbase partners with Caspian, a crypto startup launched days ago
Sep 24, 2018
Start Your Free Trial Today
Top 5 Cryptocurrencies sorted by 24 hour Volume
On Mobile/Tablet scroll to the right
Top 5 Cryptocurrencies sorted by 24 hour Price Percent Change
On Mobile/Tablet scroll to the right
- A Russian subsidiary of Raiffeeisen Bank International issued an electronic mortage today via local blockchain platform, Masterchain. The mortage document, which featured the credit loan and its duration along with the property purchased, was issued using a decentralized depositary system on Russia's Masterchain – a platform Russian banks and its central bank has been developing since 2016.
- According to new data from Chainalysis, the amount of Bitcoin held in wallets by active individual users, compared to companies and long-term investors, is near an all-time high. Released in a report Monday, the firm found that 4.8 million Bitcoin, roughly 32% of the crypto’s total supply minus lost coins, is held in personal individual wallets as of August 31. This number is up significantly from the end of 2017, when just 3.8 million Bitcoin were held in personal individual wallets, or 26% of the coin’s total supply minus lost coins.
- Bank of America filed for a patent Thursday that details an ability to adapt multiple digital signatures in a distributed network. The patent proposes a system that would manage data communication from Internet-connected devices, leading experts to surmise that this patent is related to Internet of Things technology. The patent highlights an automated determination of which devices are communicating to which third-party entities and what type of data is being communicated.
- Coinbase has announced a partnership with token-based trading protocol startup, Caspian, in an attempt to boost its platform, Coinbase Pro, a platform geared towards pro traders and financial firms. As a part of the deal, Coinbase Pro will integrate Caspian’s “full-stack” of tools to add trading and portfolio management capabilities. Caspian launched just days ago as a joint venture of Kenetic, a Hong-Kong based crypto trading firm, and Tora, a firm that supplies trading systems in industries like portfolio management and risk assessment.
- Ethereum co-creator, Vitalik Buterin, believes that second-layer technologies used in cryptocurrencies like Zcash are the key to scaling Ethereum. In writing on an Ethereum research forum Saturday, Buterin details that second-layer technologies, such as Plasma, could allow Ethereum to increase transactions by as much as 3,200%.
- IBM has been awarded a patent for the autonomous self-servicing of networked devices that makes up part of its Autonomous Decentralized Peer-to-Peer Telemetry (ADEPT) environment. First filed in June 2016, the patent is part of a system that uses a blockchain protocol on a distributed network of devices – a sort of decentralized Internet of Things.
- Spain’s Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries, and Food is planning on adopting blockchain technology to increase transparency within its forestry industry. Reported by local news outlet, EuropaPress, on Friday, Chainwood, the operating group in charge of the project, aims to use blockchain technology to improve the traceability and efficiency of the wood supply in Spain.
- The fourth largest bank in Thailand, Kasikornbank, has reportedly joined Visa’s business-to-business blockchain-solution, Connect, for cross-border payments. Reported by local news outlet, The Nation, Kasikornbank is the first bank in the country to use this technology. Utilizing Connect should help Kasikornbank become an industry leader in Thailand by increasing transaction security while lowering costs and transaction time.
- Three members of French President Emmanuel Macron’s party, La Republique En Marche, have proposed an amendment to French legislation that would regulate all service providers in the crypto industry while enabling the French government to introduce regulatory framework. The legal framework would guarantee all crypto service providers an ability to operate in France however, approval from the country’s stock market regulator, Autorite des Marches Financiers, would guarantee the entities credibility and seriousness.
*Data in Price Return and Updated Real-Time (with a delay), Source: StockDio