Cryptocurrencies continue losing streak despite TD Ameritrade announcement of investment in cryptocurrency exchange, ErisX
Oct 03, 2018
Start Your Free Trial Today
Top 5 Cryptocurrencies sorted by 24 hour Volume
On Mobile/Tablet scroll to the right
Top 5 Cryptocurrencies sorted by 24 hour Price Percent Change
On Mobile/Tablet scroll to the right
- Abra, a cryptocurrency wallet provider, announced in a press release that the firm is launching a new token to offer investors further exposure to the cryptocurrency market. Abra’s Bitwise 10 Crypto Index Token (Bit10) will track the top 10 cryptocurrencies by market capitalization and rebalance monthly. Abra stressed that the new token is not a fund. Instead, the token utilizes smart contracts to peg an investor’s cryptocurrency or fiat holdings to Bit10.
- Gemini, the cryptocurrency exchange headed by the Winklevoss twins, has obtained insurance coverage for the digital asset holdings under Gemini’s custody. In a press release Wednesday, the firm detailed that insurance coverage is being provided by global professional services firm, Aon. Gemini also maintains Federal Deposit Insurance Corporations (FDIC) insurance for dollar deposits held by the exchange.
- IBM has been awarded a patent by the US Patent and Trademark Office for a blockchain-based secure system. IBM first filed for this patent in September 2017. The patent details blockchain technology that can detect security breaches within a network by connecting monitors to a chain configuration. In late September, IBM was awarded a patent for the autonomous self-servicing of networked devices that would form an Autonomous Decentralized Peer-to-Peer Telemetry environment.
- In a press release Wednesday morning, TD Ameritrade announced they are backing new cryptocurrency exchange, ErisX. ErisX has plans to reveal their full business plan later today, although a report by Bloomberg details ErisX will begin selling cyptocurrency futures contracts in early 2019 while also offering services for investors to trade BItcoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, and Litecoin. TD Ameritrade currently provides retail investment services to almost 11 million clients. According to Bloomberg, high-speed trading house Virtu Financial and investing company DRW holdings are also participating in the investment into ErisX.
- JP Morgan’s recent efforts to expand blockchain technology operations is part of a larger digital technology roadmap, according to a press release published by ResearchAndMarkets.com. The press release details that blockchain technology is on the top priority of JP Morgan, while other technologies being pursued by the bank include big data, cloud operations, artificial intelligence, and robotics. JP Morgan reportedly has set aside USD$10.8 billion for technology spending in 2018, USD$5 billion of which is set to go towards fintech investments.
- The Brazilian Administrative Council for Economic Defense has sent a questionnaire to cryptocurrency exchanges whose bank accounts were closed by major Brazilian banks. The Brazilian antitrust regulator sent questionnaires to 10 cryptocurrency exchanges, including Bitcoin Market, Bitambio, BitcoinTrade, and Brazilex. This move by the Brazilian regulator comes shortly after launching a probe into six major Brazilian banks for the alleged unlawful closing of cryptocurrency exchanges’ bank accounts.
- The Israel Securities Authority has begun to implement blockchain technology into its messaging system, according to an article by the Times of Israel. The purpose of the blockchain implementation is to improve the regulator’s cybersecurity. The Israel Securities Authority reportedly has plans to implement blockchain technology into an online voting system as well as an information database in the near future.
*Data in Price Return and Updated Real-Time (with a delay), Source: StockDio