Cryptocurrencies turn red, TRON and Zcash remain green on positive news
Nov 29, 2018
Top 5 Cryptocurrencies sorted by 24 hour Volume
On Mobile/Tablet scroll to the right
Top 5 Cryptocurrencies sorted by 24 hour Price Percent Change
On Mobile/Tablet scroll to the right
- Cryptocurrency prices turned red this afternoon sending the price of Bitcoin (BTC) down 2.79% in the last 24 hours to USD$4,184.17 and the price of Ripple (XRP) down 5.32% in the last 24 hours to USD$0.373789. Among major cryptocurrencies, only TRON (TRX) and Zcash (ZEC) are positive, posting gains of 1.31% and 5.78%, respectively. EOS (EOS) is the worst performing major cryptocurrency today, down a substantial 11.56% to USD$2.93.
- Coinbase Pro, a subsidiary of notable US-based cryptocurrency exchange Coinbase that is geared towards institutional trading, announced today that it added trading services for privacy coin Zcash (ZEC). Coinbase did not detail whether their retail-oriented exchange, coinbase.com, would offer trading services for ZEC. Coinbase Pro will not allow users to withdraw ZEC using shielded, or anonymous, addresses, saying in a blog post, “Initially, we will support deposits from both transparent and shielded addresses, but only support withdrawals to transparent addresses. In the future, we’ll explore support for withdrawals to shielded addresses in locations where it complies with laws.”
- Decentralized internet protocol TRON announced intentions to launch a blockchain gaming fund in a November 29th, 2018 press release. Dubbed TRON Arcade, the company will invest USD$100mm into the fund over the next three years in order to “empower developers” TRON CEO Justin Sun believes that TRON Arcade will play an integral role in growing the firm’s active user base, saying, “TRON Arcade will play a crucial role in encouraging developers to join in our mission and provide the best blockchain gaming experience to users around the world.”
- Fidelity Investments revealed at the Block FS conference today in New York that it is planning to expand its cryptocurrency asset platform to offer between five and seven of the top cryptocurrencies by market capitalization. While responding to a question at the conference, head of Fidelity Digital Assets Tom Jessop responded, “I think there is demand for the next four or five in rank of market cap order, so we will be looking at that.” Jessop went on to discuss that Fidelity Digital Assets’ customer driven approach currently only offers Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH) trading services because its more than 13,000 institutional clients are the most interested in those.
- Jeff Sprecher, Chairman of the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) and CEO of its parent company, Intercontinental Exchange (ICE), declared while speaking at the Consensus: Invest conference in New York this week that, “The unequivocal answer is yes,” when referring to whether or not cryptocurrency will survive. Sprecher went on to add that, “somehow, Bitcoin has lived in a swamp and survived, there are thousands of other tokens that you could argue are better, but yet Bitcoin continues to survive, thrive, and attract attention.”
- Ledger, a cryptocurrency hardware wallet manufacturer, announced that it will begin supporting Monero (XMR) for its Nano S wallet in a press release Thursday. “We are thrilled to welcome another top-ten cryptocurrency to the Ledger platform with Monero,” said CEO Eric Larcheveque. Earlier this week, Ledger hired a former Intercontinental Exchange (ICE) executive to head its institutional custody venture, Ledger Vault, while also announcing an expansion into New York City.
- Sirin Labs announced at an event today in Barcelona, Spain that it would begin shipping its blockchain phone this December while unveiling the phone’s final design for the first time. The blockchain phone sets itself apart by featuring a built-in cold storage wallet and implementing high level cybersecurity solutions through artificial intelligence (AI) and other cybersecurity technology. The phone will cost USD$999 and can be pre-ordered by holders of the Sirin (SRN) token.
*Data in Price Return and Updated Real-Time (with a delay), Source: StockDio