European stocks flat midday with sentiment weighed down by a drop in German factory orders
Feb 06, 2019
*Data in Price Return and Updated Real-Time (with a delay), Source: StockDio
- European stocks are flat midday with little conviction following weak German factory orders and mixed earnings reports
- The Euro Stoxx 600 is currently up +0.07%, the FTSE 100 has declined -0.03%, the DAX has fallen -0.5%, and the CAC 40 is lower by -0.23%
- Germany factory orders dropped 1.6% M/M in December, the sharpest drop in 6 months. Market forecasts were for a +0.3% increase. The decline in factory orders, coupled with other soft economic data points, suggests the Germany economy, the largest in Europe, is experiencing a deceleration in economic growth.
- Investor sentiment for European stocks is neutral with the advance/decline ratio for the Euro Stoxx 600 currently at 1.14x
- UK PM Theresa May will meed with EU officials tomorrow to discuss Brexit and EU President Donald Tusk commented "I've been wondering what that special place in hell looks like, for those who promoted Brexit, without even a sketch of a plan how to carry it out safely"
- Technology (+1.22%), Banks (+0.67%), and Basic Resources (+0.44%) stocks are the top performers in the Euro Stoxx 600 today
- Automobiles & Parts (-0.62%), Chemicals (-0.49%), and Health Care (-0.49%) stocks are the worst performers in the Euro Stoxx 600 today
- 222 stocks in the Euro Stoxx 600 are at 4-week highs while 10 stocks are at 4-week lows
- 75 stocks in the Euro Stoxx 600 are overbought while 2 stocks are oversold according to the 16-day RSI Measure
- VSTOXX, the European stocks equivalent of the VIX, is moving up 0.08 this morning and is currently at 13.66 after closing at 13.58 yesterday
What is Going on with European Currencies?
- EUR€ is currently down -0.184% against the USD$ to 1.1385
- GBP£ is currently little changed against the USD$ at 1.2951
- CHF is currently little changed against the USD$ at 0.9994
Highlights from the European Bond Market
- Generic Euro 10-Year Bonds are higher with yields down -0.4 basis points to 0.166%
- German 10-Year Bunds are higher with yields down -0.4 basis points to 0.166%
- French 10-Year Government Bonds are higher with yields down -0.4 basis points to 0.577%
- UK 10-Year GILTs are higher with yields down -0.8 basis points to 1.224%
- Italian 10-Year Government Bonds are lower with yields up 2 basis points to 2.814%
- Spanish 10-Year Government Bonds are higher with yields down -1.5 basis points to 1.241%
Euro Stoxx 50 Movers
In local currency.
On Mobile/Tablet scroll to the right.
||1D % Chg
|ING Groep NV
|Intesa Sanpaolo SpA
|ASML Holding NV
|Schneider Electric SE
||1D % Chg
|Air Liquide SA