Growth concerns weigh on European stocks with shares lower across the Continent
Feb 08, 2019
*Data in Price Return and Updated Real-Time (with a delay), Source: StockDio
- European stocks are lower on growth concerns in the wake of cuts to growth outlook by the EU and BOE
- Market sentiment is dropping dramatically in the pre-market following an announcement that US President Donald Trump and Chinese President Xi Jinping will not meet before a March 1 trade war deadline.
- The Euro Stoxx 600 is currently up +0.07%, the FTSE 100 is higher by +0.16%, the DAX has fallen -0.01%, and the CAC 40 has risen +0.25%
- Investor sentiment for European stocks is negative with the advance/decline ratio for the Euro Stoxx 600 currently at 0.87x
- Media (+0.46%), Personal & Household Goods (+0.34%), and Chemicals (+0.29%) stocks are the top performers in the Euro Stoxx 600 today
- Telecommunications (-0.64%), Automobiles & Parts (-0.52%), and Construction & Materials (-0.3%) stocks are the worst performers in the Euro Stoxx 600 today
- 94 stocks in the Euro Stoxx 600 are at 4-week highs while 34 stocks are at 4-week lows
- 28 stocks in the Euro Stoxx 600 are overbought while 11 stocks are oversold according to the 16-day RSI Measure
- VSTOXX, the European stocks equivalent of the VIX, is higher this morning and is currently at 16.66 after closing at 16.17 yesterday
What is Going on with European Currencies?
- EUR€ is currently little changed against the USD$ at 1.1342
- GBP£ is currently little changed against the USD$ at 1.2968
- CHF is currently little changed against the USD$ at 0.9982
Highlights from the European Bond Market
- Generic Euro 10-Year Bonds are higher with yields down -0.4 basis points to 0.111%
- German 10-Year Bunds are higher with yields down -0.4 basis points to 0.111%
- French 10-Year Government Bonds are lower with yields up 0.5 basis points to 0.556%
- UK 10-Year GILTs are lower with yields up 0.3 basis points to 1.18%
- Italian 10-Year Government Bonds are higher with yields down -0.7 basis points to 2.944%
- Spanish 10-Year Government Bonds are higher with yields down -1.6 basis points to 1.226%
Euro Stoxx 50 Movers
In local currency.
On Mobile/Tablet scroll to the right.
||1D % Chg
|Fresenius SE & Co KGaA
||1D % Chg
|Societe Generale SA
|Bayerische Motoren Werke AG
|ASML Holding NV