European stocks rise midday with news US may delay March 1st tariff hike deadline
Feb 14, 2019
*Data in Price Return and Updated Real-Time (with a delay), Source: StockDio
- US stocks rising midday with news the US may move forward the March 1st tariff hike deadline on Chinese imports
- US and China start senior level trade negotiations in Beijing today, continuing talks that started in the US last month
- The Euro Stoxx 600 is currently up +0.42%, the FTSE 100 is higher by +0.37%, the DAX has advanced +0.32%, and the CAC 40 has risen +0.7%
- German GDP stagnated in 4Q with reported growth of 0.0%, lagging an average growth rate of +0.2% for the Euro area. This follows last week’s downward revisions for economic growth for the Euro area by the European Commission (EU).
- EU GDP grew at 1.2% y/y in the fourth quarter of 2018, matching consensus and the growth seen in the third quarter
- Investor sentiment for European stocks is positive with the advance/decline ratio for the Euro Stoxx 600 currently at 2.02x
- Food & Beverage (+1.49%), Industrial Goods & Services (+1.32%), and Technology (+1.28%) stocks are the top performers in the Euro Stoxx 600 today
- Financial Services (-0.29%), Banks (-0.24%), and Oil & Gas (-0.18%) stocks are the worst performers in the Euro Stoxx 600 today
- 147 stocks in the Euro Stoxx 600 are at 4-week highs while 19 stocks are at 4-week lows
- 39 stocks in the Euro Stoxx 600 are overbought while 5 stocks are oversold according to the 16-day RSI Measure
- VSTOXX, the European stocks equivalent of the VIX, is little changed this morning and is currently at 14.13 after closing at 13.97 yesterday
What is Going on with European Currencies?
- EUR€ is currently little changed against the USD$ at 1.1268
- GBP£ is currently down -0.296% against the USD$ to 1.2808
- CHF is currently little changed against the USD$ at 0.9916
Highlights from the European Bond Market
- Generic Euro 10-Year Bonds are higher with yields down -1.2 basis points to 0.111%
- German 10-Year Bunds are higher with yields down -1.2 basis points to 0.111%
- French 10-Year Government Bonds are higher with yields down -1.3 basis points to 0.538%
- UK 10-Year GILTs are higher with yields down -2.3 basis points to 1.159%
- Italian 10-Year Government Bonds are lower with yields up 0.5 basis points to 2.789%
- Spanish 10-Year Government Bonds are lower with yields up 0.5 basis points to 1.239%
Euro Stoxx 50 Movers
In local currency.
On Mobile/Tablet scroll to the right.
||1D % Chg
|Schneider Electric SE
|Amadeus IT Group SA
||1D % Chg