It's National Doughnut Day! Buy Dunkin' Brands (DNKN), TOP BUY in our US Consumer Discretionary Global Top Stock Ideas
Jun 07, 2019
- Today is National Doughnut Day in the United States, a tradition started in 1938
- In the spirit of the holiday, buy Dunkin Brands (DNKN), a TOP BUY in our US Consumer Discretionary Global Top Stock Ideas, as a great way to commemorate the day!
Powered by S&P©; all rights reserved. Reproduction/redistribution prohibited.
- National Doughnut day was started by the Salvation Army in Chicago in 1938
- It was a fundraiser to commemorate the “doughnut girls” who supported soldiers during World War I
- The Salvation Army supported troops in Europe during World War I, providing food and supplies close to the front lines
- Doughnuts were made for the troops by the “doughnut girls” given the ease of making them in the field
- Warm doughnuts were a favorite of tired soldiers from the front lines
- Eventually doughnuts were prepared inside soldiers’ helmets and became well-known tradition