European Stocks Gain As Trade War Fears Ease
Jul 31, 2018
- Euro Stoxx 600 closed up 0.18%, the FTSE 100 +0.62%, the DAX +0.06%, and the CAC 40 +0.37%
- Basic Resources(+1.24%), Oil & Gas(+0.87%), Travel & Leisure(+0.84%) stocks are the top performers in the Euro Stoxx 600 today
- Retail(-0.54%), Telecommunications(-0.48%), Technology(-0.44%) stocks are the worst performers in the Euro Stoxx 600 today
- Investor sentiment for European stocks finished trading neutral with the advance/decline ratio for the Euro Stoxx 600 currently at 1.17x
- 112 stocks in the Euro Stoxx 600 hit 4-week highs while 26 stocks closed at 4-week lows
- 62 stocks in the Euro Stoxx 600 finished the trading session overbought while 14 stocks closed oversold according to the 16-day RSI Measure
- VSTOXX, the European stocks equivalent of the VIX, closed little changed -0.03 points today to 12.68after closing at 12.71 yesterday
Stocks Trending in the News
Click name for Q-Factor rating and financial data.
Credit Suisse (CSGN.SW) announced that is has received a complaint from EU antirust regulators, which has increased the likelihood of a fine stemming from an investigation into the company’s manipulation of foreign-exchange rates. Despite this development, shares of Credit Suisse traded 1.14% higher today to CHF15.97
Daimler AG (XTRA:DAI) is selling €3 billion worth of bonds after the company reported sales that missed the lowest estimates last week.
Danone SA (ENXTPA:BN) was upgraded to buy from a hold rating at Deutsche Bank. Shares of Danone edged 0.03% higher today
Just Eat PLC (LSE:JE) shares traded 6.31% lower today, after the company raised its revenue guidance for FY2018, but left underlying EBITDA forecasts unchanged. Morgan Stanley expressed concern that shares of Just Eat may come under pressure due to higher investments cutting into profitability